Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SA CHILDREN

Here is a little Photo album of a few of the children who have touched my heart so far:


 
This young girl's mom left her with her grandmother as a baby. Her grandmother recently heard that the granddaughters' mom was 'sick' and no one knew why.... so I tested this little darling today. She was so brave squeezing her little 'balloon' while she recited the calendar months that she is learning in pre-school with Zola the counsellor I was with.

This little girl was so sweet. The whole time I was at her house she was very skeptical of me and even more so of the balloon I made her out of my glove.



"Hmmm, this white lady and her balloon are pretty scary.."
 


" Yup, shes' still over there....."
 


" Bye-Bye! White lady! "

After we gave her a little time to adjust she sat out in her yard and waved and chatted as we went in and out of her neighbours homes.

From a distance one might think, "those children are playing in garbage - how sad!"


  When you look again though, you might see another picture:

When you look closer you might see that they have made a little 'play fort'. They have flowers in the baileys bottle, drinks on the counter, a radio connected to a water bottle as a form of science project, and the one girl is cleaning up shop.

Carrying water home.

These little guys had me leaving them feeling so lost. Both of their parents are HIV positive and struggling to make ends meet, finding food is a daily struggle and getting to the clinic for their medication is often not a priority which means both parents are often sick. These little guys are so precious and have very hard lives for being so small. 

This little man is just simply super cute!

This little girl sat and looked at me with those big eyes the entire time I tested her sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment